Every year I make a list of what I want to ring in the New Year with...I'm not one to treat myself all year long but rather wait for these special but totally unnecessary items to be gifted to me. And while getting the items you like and want is always good but I'm actually approaching 2018 in a much different frame of mind. Truth: the things I want most are not actually on this list.
The most important thing I want is more time with my family...that means cutting back on work, less time driving to sports practices and if it means ordering dinner instead of making so I can spend that time with them that's what I want. Life is hectic as a the mom of a 10 and 13 year old and wife to another small business owner and that means time is a truly precious and rare thing. So I want more of that for all four of us and 2018 is the year to make that happen because work, sports, my daughter's ever growing social life and any thing else is not more important to me than they are.
That said some of these items are about spending time together and some are about making our home more comfortable for the rare times we are in it all together.
All I want from my family is them. But if any of the rest of you are dying to treat me to something special feel free to send any of these my way. And on a completely vain and personal note...I lost 50 pounds this fall and yes, you are reading the sizes correctly. (Patting myself on the back)
4. TOP SHOP FAUX LEATHER BIKER JACKET, SIZE 6
5. IPHONE X
6. FLORA NIKROOZ BLACK SATIN PAJAMA SET, SIZE SMALL
9. TAMARA MELLON FRONTLINE SHOE IN BLACK, SIZE 38.5
10. TRUE ROMANCE GETAWAY AT HOTEL VERMONT IN BURLINGTON, a weekend away from all responsibilities and just having fun and exploring and maybe he'll teach me how to use my new snowboard.
12. BURTON TALENT SCOUT SNOWBOARD, so the best snowboarder I know can teach me and show me why he loves it so much. Get the GoPro ready...there should be some "amazing" shots of me falling down.